WINNERS, NOMINEES & HONOREES: 5TH ANNUAL TASTE AWARDS
TASTE AWARDS Finalists are selected from nomination submissions by the ACADEMY OF MEDIA TASTEMAKERS, a diverse and respected association of food & wine editors, writers and bloggers, chefs, fashion journalists, television producers and stations, online video platforms, mobile device providers, retail and technology enterprises, and others.
Winners of the TASTE AWARDS were announced on December 3rd 2013, and all winners received their honors on January 16th, 2014 at a Red Carpet Hollywood Awards celebration at the Egyptian Theatre. Lifetime Achievement Awards and other Special Awards were also presented to valuable contributors to the industry.
See Official Award Winners, Nominees & Honorees at http://www.thetasteawards.com/
The 46th NAACP Image Awards will be held on Friday, February 6, 2015 at the Pasadena Civic Center
The NAACP Image Awards, is the nation's premier event celebrating the outstanding achievements and performances of people of color in the arts (motion picture, television, recording, and literature), as well as those individuals or groups who promote social justice through their creative endeavors.
"Who Killed Jigaboo Jones?"
Award winning director donnie l. betts directs this one man Mockumentary about the hip hop industry. Starring Jeff Campbell Friday, February 6th and Saturday, February 7th at 8:15 p.m. at the Clarence Muse Cafe Theatre (650 Griffin St) inside the Black Academy of Arts and Letters.
MAGIC Fashion and Trade Show hosts over 60,000+ industry insiders in Las Vegas to shop and celebrate style. With 9 can’t-miss markets feature the most comprehensive collection of men’s, women’s, juniors and children’s apparel, footwear, accessories and resources.
For more information and updates; goto http://www.magiconline.com/
London Fashion Week is attended by over 5,000 press and buyers, and has estimated orders of 40-100 million. London Fashion Weekend, takes place immediately afterwards at the same venue and is open to the general public which is a Clothing Trade Show held in London twice each year, in February and September.
For an updated schedule and highlights: goto http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/
The Oscars® will be held on Sunday, February 22, 2015, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood, and will be televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.134 Documentary Features Submitted For 2014 Oscar® Race
LOS ANGELES, CA – One hundred thirty-four features have been submitted for consideration in the Documentary Feature category for the 87th Academy Awards®.
The submitted features, listed in alphabetical order, are:
“Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaquil Le Clercq”
“Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case”
“All You Need Is Love”
“America: Imagine the World without Her”
“American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs”
“Antarctica: A Year on Ice”
“Art and Craft”
“Awake: The Life of Yogananda”
“The Barefoot Artist”
“The Battered Bastards of Baseball”
“Before You Know It”
“Born to Fly: Elizabeth Streb vs. Gravity”
“Botso The Teacher from Tbilisi”
“Captivated The Trials of Pamela Smart”
“The Case against 8”
“Cesar’s Last Fast”
“The Culture High”
“Dancing in Jaffa”
“Death Metal Angola”
“The Decent One”
“Do You Know What My Name Is?”
“Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me”
“Evolution of a Criminal”
“Finding Vivian Maier”
“The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden”
“Getting to the Nutcracker”
“Glen Campbell…I’ll Be Me”
“Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia”
“The Great Flood”
“The Great Invisible”
“The Green Prince”
“The Hacker Wars”
“The Hadza: Last of the First”
“The Hornet’s Nest”
“I Am Ali”
“If You Build It”
“The Internet’s Own Boy”
“James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge”
“Journey of a Female Comic”
“Keep On Keepin’ On”
“Kids for Cash”
“The Kill Team”
“Last Days in Vietnam”
“The Last Patrol”
“Little White Lie”
“Llyn Foulkes One Man Band”
“Magician: The Astonishing Life and Work of Orson Welles”
“Merchants of Doubt”
“Mistaken for Strangers”
“Monk with a Camera”
“Nas: Time Is Illmatic”
“Next Goal Wins”
“Next Year Jerusalem”
“Night Will Fall”
“No Cameras Allowed”
“Now: In the Wings on a World Stage”
“Occupy the Farm”
“The Only Real Game”
“Pay 2 Play: Democracy’s High Stakes”
“The Pleasures of Being Out of Step”
“Plot for Peace”
“Point and Shoot”
“Print the Legend”
“Rabindranath Tagore – The Poet of Eternity”
“Remote Area Medical”
“The Salt of the Earth”
“Shadows from My Past”
“She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry”
“A Small Section of the World”
“Smiling through the Apocalypse – Esquire in the 60s”
“Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon”
“The Supreme Price”
“Tales of the Grim Sleeper”
“Tanzania: A Journey Within”
“This Is Not a Ball”
“Thomas Keating: A Rising Tide of Silence”
“Through a Lens Darkly: Black Photographers and the Emergence of a People”
“20,000 Days on Earth”
“Under the Electric Sky”
“Waiting for August”
“Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago”
“Watchers of the Sky”
“We Are the Giant”
“We Could Be King”
“Whitey: United States of America v. James J. Bulger”
“A World Not Ours”
Several of the films have not yet had their required Los Angeles and New York qualifying releases. Submitted features must fulfill the theatrical release requirements and comply with all of the category’s other qualifying rules in order to advance in the voting process. A shortlist of 15 films will be announced in December.
Films submitted in the Documentary Feature category also may qualify for Academy Awards in other categories, including Best Picture, provided they meet the requirements for those categories.
The 87th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 15, 2015, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Sat07Mar2015Sat14Mar2015Los Angeles Fashion Week 2014 collections and events will be at venues across Los Angeles.Full Schedule at www.fashionweekla.comMarch 7, 2014 – March 14, 2015 all-dayStyle Fashion Week LA Fall-Winter 2015Typical Showcase List:
LA FASHION COUNCIL PRESENTATIONS
CONCEPT FASHION WEEK
DESIGNERS & AGENTS
LA MARKET WEEK
AFRICAN FASHION WEEK
STYLE FASHION WEEK
LA FASHION WEEKEND
STYLE FASHION WEEK: DETAILS
As the premier event during Los Angeles Fashion Week, Style Fashion Week LA which is now deemed the Official LA Fashion Week by the City of Los Angeles, is the largest, most influential fashion event of the season. An elegant opening reception for VIP and Media kicks off the five day event of runway shows, product launches, red carpet arrivals, gifting suites, performances, and designer showcases. Style Fashion Week LA has become an internationally recognized and respected fashion event. The fashion scene in Los Angeles has been transformed by our innovative shows and experiences major growth every season. Style Fashion Week embodies the diverse culture of LA and offers designers a world-class platform to showcase their collections.
For a schedule listing: please visit: www.stylefashionweek.com
SAVOR Dallas! The Food, Wine and Arts Festival
The tradition of Savor Dallas, the most delicious food and wine festival in Texas, continues
March 19-22. Over three days of wining and dining, this
“celebration of wine, food, spirits and the arts,” spotlights dozens of the area’s top chefs and more than 400 premium wines, spirits and beers throughout the weekend. From events at the Dallas Arts District, Dallas Arboretum and Fair Park to wine seminars and dinners hosted in the city’s hottest restaurants; Savor Dallas spans many of the city’s unique cultural and epicurean destinations.
Ticket prices for the individual events range from $20 to $150.
To purchase tickets, go to www.SavorDallas.com or call 888-728-6747.
The 9th-annual Dallas International Film Festival will be held April 9 to April 19, 2015. During the past eight years, the Festival has featured the finest in U.S. and international cinema, including 1,518 films representing more than 50 countries, and has presented more than $545,000 in awards.
For Submissions and additional information; goto: http://www.dallasfilm.org/
AFW 2015 SCHEDULE
Friday, April 10 | Speakeasy | 7:00 pm
Help us kick off AFW 2015 with a night of indulgence at Speakeasy. Marvel at the hair and makeup show inspired by 1920’s style and celebrate the stunning images submitted for the Mash Up competition. You’ve seen them online, but the images will really come to life printed on large canvases. Sip cocktails and congratulate all of the team members while viewing the Mash Up images and hair and makeup show models up close.
Saturday, April 11 or 12 | Searsucker | 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Benefitting The Rise School of Austin, the AFW Brunch is an opportunity to nosh on a chef-created spread while viewing fashion presentations styled by local boutiques.
Saturday, April 11 – Tuesday, April 14 | Various Locations
Join AFW at Soirees (formerly called “Showcase Events”) hosted by boutiques, retailers, salons, spas, and gallery spaces. Party hop across Austin as you experience trunk shows, mini runway events, designer showcases and more. Most events are free and open to the public. A complete calendar of Soirees will be posted around April 1, 2015.
Wednesday, April 15 | Austin Music Hall
AFW moves into Austin Music Hall for the first of four nights of runway shows with our first-ever SWIM. Twelve top swimwear and resort designers will present collections on the runway and The Gallery will be open for pre and post-show browsing, featuring over forty stunning jewelry and accessories lines.
Thursday, April 16 | Austin Music Hall
The runway nights continue with DISCOVER, featuring collections presented by the most promising emerging designers from around the country. Experience runway shows by these head turning designers, so you can say you “saw them when.” The Gallery will be open for pre and post-show browsing, featuring over forty stunning jewelry and accessories lines.
Friday, April 17 | Austin Music Hall
STARS Presented by Bernina returns to AFW with eight prominent designers you know and love. You’ll feel like a celebrity with this rare opportunity to view runway shows and meet some of the most popular designers from Lifetime’s hit television series Project Runway. The Gallery will be open for pre and post-show browsing, featuring over forty stunning jewelry and accessories lines.
Saturday, April 18 | Austin Music Hall
Formerly the Austin Fashion Awards, FINALE is an exciting celebration of the talent in our hometown. It will include an abbreviated awards presentation along with some of Austin’s favorite designers showing collections on the runway. In addition, the ever-popular Mash Ups will come to life on the catwalk. The Gallery will be open for pre and post-show browsing, featuring over forty stunning jewelry and accessories lines.
Official Austin Fashion Week FINALE After Party will occur at The Madison. All FINALE ticket-holders are invited!
Every Attendee wants a show to remember... and every year, NAB Show® delivers on the big stage. Don't miss these Marquee Events featuring the pioneers, thought leaders and disruptors in the world of media and entertainment.
Monday, April 13 – Thursday, April 16
General Sessions celebrate the industry and set the tone for each day of NAB Show. High-profile speakers bring a 360-view of the state of broadcasting, feature filmmaking, and new media platforms. Attendees will leave General Sessions equipped with the key perspectives they will need as they navigate sessions, the Show Floor, and interact with their colleagues. Open to all attendees.
Monday, April 13 – Wednesday, April 15
Special Events honoring those who have provided exceptional service to the industry.
Ticket required for admission. Certain registration packages include a ticket to one luncheon. Attending additional luncheons requires the purchase of separate luncheon tickets. Tickets can be purchased as an add-on in Registration. Click the luncheon links below for additional information.
Monday, April 13 – Wednesday, April 15
Super Sessions are where the crucial conversations take place around the over-arching trends impacting the future of entertainment and media. Featuring thought leaders and visionary thinkers, Super Sessions explore game-changing media technologies, innovative entertainment concepts, and emerging business models and markets that will shape tomorrow's Broader-casting® landscape.
Please goto: www.nabshow.com for more info
Caesars Palace Las Vegas
CinemaCon will attract upwards of 5,000 motion picture professionals from all facets of the industry –from exhibition and distribution, to the equipment and concession areas – all on hand to celebrate the moviegoing experience and the cinema industry. From exclusive Hollywood product presentations highlighting a slate of upcoming films, to must-see premiere feature screenings, to the biggest stars, producers and directors, CinemaCon will help jumpstart the excitement and buzz that surrounds the summer season at the box office.
CinemaCon is delighted to have both the International Cinema Technology Association (ICTA) and National Association of Concessionaires (NAC) as its tradeshow partners. CinemaCon is also delighted to have as its official presenting sponsor, The Coca-Cola Company, one of the industry’s greatest and highly regarded and respected partners in the world of the movies.
The National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO) is the largest exhibition trade organization in the world, representing more than 31,450 movie screens in all 50 states, and additional cinemas in 78 countries worldwide. NATO’s membership includes the largest cinema chains in the world and hundreds of independent theatre owners, too.
Additional information on CinemaCon, the Official Convention of NATO, can be found at www.cinemacon.com.
MGM Las Vegas
Top New Artist
5 Seconds of Summer
Top Male Artist
Top Female Artist
Top R&B Artist
Top Rap Artist
Top Country Artist
Florida Georgia Line
Top Rock Artist
Fall Out Boy
Top Latin Artist
Top Dance/Electronic Artist
ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY
ALICE AND OLIVIA
CARMEN MARC VALVO
HERVÉ LÉGER BY MAX AZRIA
JEREMY SCOTT presented by MADE
NOON BY NOOR
SON JUNG WAN
THE ART INSTITUTE
Couture Fashion Week
Don’t miss the next season of Couture Fashion Week in New York: September 11-13, 2015.Fabulous fashion shows, parties and entertainment will be held at The Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, at the crossroads of the world.
At the most recent event, audiences enjoyed a jam-packed schedule of beautiful fashion shows by designers including Ly Giam Tien (winnerProject Runway Vietnam), Asri Welas, Lainy Gold, Zaskia Sungkar, Barli Asmara, Dian Pelangi, Luis Machicao, Andres Aquino, Marisol Henriquez, Alexandra Popescu-York, Lourdes Atencio, Margaret Schaff, Laura Moss, Baqash Wilson, Alvertis Alexander, Matthew Cashe, Berny Martin, Rashad Calhoun, SLA Collection by Sharmooz, Meriem Belkhayat, Fatou Ndene Ndiaye, Elcy Cortorreal, Solo Sposa Italia and YiLing Li.
Guests were also thrilled by performances from world-class entertainers including Leah Danielle, Sinem Saniye, Stella Matteoni,LucianoLamonarca, Blake Carrington, Vanessa Cruz, Nini DeRossi, Silviya Taseva, Alma NYC Dancers, Ryan Raffloer, Hanna Sverdlov, Maryann Connolly, Panic! The Musical singers, Serena Bateman, Veronica Iovan and Antonio Abate. A special appearance by teen singing sensation Meredith O’Connor -- Star Champion Celebrity Spokesperson for Champions Against Bullying – was a real treat.
Exquisite hair styling by celebrity hair stylist Elie Esper and his team, along with stunning looks from makeup director Aimee Carr and her Voodoo Makeup team, were the icing on the cake for the gorgeous fashions on the runway. CFW was also excited to welcome special appearances by Vietnam’s Next Top Model winners.
The September event promises to be another unforgettable experience of fashion and style.
Fashion Week San Diego® Introduces 2015 Designers
Twenty Four Designers to Debut 2016 Spring/Summer Collections on the La Jolla, Calif.
Runway First Week of October
SAN DIEGO (April 6th, 2015) – In addition to recently announcing the new La Jolla, Calif. Fall Runway Shows Location, Fashion Week San Diego® (FWSD) finalized its 2015 designer line-up. The 24 hand-picked designers will create and showcase their never-before-seen 2016 Spring/Summer collections at FWSD’s Fall Runway Shows, held Sept. 28 through Oct. 4 in an open-air venue in La Jolla, Calif.
This will be the first time FWSD will be hosting its signature week-long event in La Jolla. The week will kick off at La Valencial Hotel, with events, such as the Art & Beauty Behind Fashion Runway Show held on Thursday, Oct. 1, at 6:00 p.m. On Friday, Oct. 2 and Saturday, Oct. 3, FWSD will close down Wall St., between Girard Ave. and Hershel Ave., in the heart of La Jolla’s downtown district, to create a temporary venue, with an 100-foot runway. Each night will showcase 12 of the 24 2015 designers. Tickets are currently on sale and are expected to sell out. To purchase, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fashion-week-san-diego-runway-shows-trunk-show-2015-tickets-15824263799
Featuring womenswear, menswear, resort, kids and accessory collections, the following designers (in alphabetical order) will make their La Jolla debut Oct. 2 and Oct. 3:
- A’doreus. Fashion Week San Diego’s 2014 Top Designer and four-year veteran A’doreus returns to the FWSD runway to showcase a collection that celebrates the full figured woman embracing diversity and size acceptance through the many facets of fashion. A’doreus, designed by Sharlene Borromeo, designs encompass romantic styles, classic silhouettes, and an eclectic mixture of textures and textiles. In December 2014 Borromeo was awarded a proclamation from the city of San Diego and recognized by the California Assembly and Senate for her “… outstanding achievements and contributions in the arts, devoted community service, and inspiration to our youth and community.” (San Diego, Calif., www.adoreusfashion.com)
- Alber Rezko Jewelry Designs. Starting out as an apprentice at the mere age of 12, Alber hasn’t stopped experimenting with diamond cutting, metals, and design to make one of a kind pieces. With years of experience fabricating for distinguished Jewelry Design Houses, he now introduces his own private namesake collection, Alber Rezko Jewelry Design. This is Alber Rezko's 2nd year with Fashion Week San Diego.(San Diego, Calif., www.alberrezko.com)
- Alexandra Marie. Younger than most but just as talented, Alexandra Marie is a seventeen-year old fashion designer, model, and entrepreneur proving that age is just a number. Although younger than most entrepreneurs, she is continuously working to pursue her dream of becoming a big name fashion designer and having the opportunity to create the beautiful pieces that she envisions. (San Diego, Calif., www.thealexandramarie.com)
- B.JASH.I. Pulling from her Native American and Danish roots, Marcie Bain channels her heritage and passion for the outdoors in her designs creating wearable art as athletic apparel and elegant eveningwear. Her elegant eveningwear launched at FWSD14, and her vintage and Native American inspired pieces will be back on the FWSD2015 Runway. The B.JASH.I label is named after Bain’s four-children, Bradley Jon, Ashleah, Ishi, and Ashawnee.(Valley Center, Calif.,www.fashionweeksd.com/fwsd-designer-spotlight-bjashi)
- Beachy Chic Couture. Beachy Chic Couture creates dresses that are youthful in spirit with a casual “beachiness” influence of the So Cal lifestyle. Touches of couture bring special elegance to this new line. Bringing a touch of elegance and her design expertise to the So Cal beach style, Timmithea Leeds starting sewing for herself in grade school and later studied couture sewing from fashion designers such as Susan Khaljie and Angela Wolf. (San Marcos, Calif., www.Beachychiccouture.com)
- Bearly Proper. Bearly Proper™ is a veteran owned innovative design and manufacturing company, designing casual street-wear for the everyday dapper gentleman. Each product draws on the company’s roots, both dapper and preppy, creating a unique delicate balance. Products feature a slim fit, tailored cut that is versatile and appropriate for all occasions. (San Diego, Calif., www.bearlyproper.com)
- Black Filigree Couture. United States Marine Corps veteran turned tattoo artist, turned couture designer, Elle Audra’s fashion line is just as unique as her personal talents. Black Filigree’s artistic designs are unlike anything else on the runway. Elle was inspired to open her business after many successful years as a tattooed alternative model and being immersed in the tattoo community. Elle strives to enrich the community by providing a safe, unique, and sterile environment that encourages creative expression through art and tattoos. Elle’s unique materials and design esthetic creates wearable art rather than clothing. (San Marcos, Calif., www.BlackFiligree.com)
- Candy Bee Swimwear. Candy Bee Swimwear is an eclectic collection of handcrafted swimsuits designed by Candy Bee Champa. The collection features a variety of swimwear: from beach fashion with functionality and spunk and sleek and sexy classic pieces to elegant and lavish premium crystal bikinis, and vivacious suits with playful prints and bold colors. Realizing swimwear design was her calling, Candy bravely quit her job of seven years after earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice degree and a Master’s Degree in Communication. She took hold of her artistic talents and produced the collection of Candy Bee Swimwear.(San Diego, Calif.,www.candybeeswimwear.com)
- Carou Belle. Making her runway debut, this luxury line of jewelry founded in 2013 embodies the delicacy of art as well as elegance. After lying dormant for a couple of years to perfect itself, Carou Belle is now ready to tell a story through every wearer and observer. Past collections have been statement pieces formed by glass beads with each one being sewn together by hand making each piece unique. Riding the wave of technology and utilizing her current pursuit of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from UCSD, designer Michelle Bui hopes to intertwine technology with her jewelry to show how it can be useful as well as aesthetically pleasing.(San Diego, Calif.,www.caroubelle.com)
- Charlie Yip. A high-end handcrafted leather brand, Charlie Yip products are targeted towards people who crave more out of life than mere existence. The designs and products that will make their debut on the FWSD15 runway, showcase the importance of finding meaning in what they do and what the products mean to the Charlie Yip brand. Starting out as wanting to create a sentimental gift for his father, Charlie Yip soon developed a brand representing the need for modern appeal and unique approach to timeless pieces. (San Diego, Calif., www.charlieyipbrand.com)
- Dynamite Doll. This vivacious designer’s purpose of her designs is to foster full self -expression and bring joy to both the wearer and the admirer. Dynamite Doll originally began as a stage name for designer, Annaiah. She was making pieces for herself when performing and then people started asking about her looks. She decided that her mission was to bring shimmer out in clothing. She will make her debut at Fashion Week San Diego 2015. (San Diego, Calif., http://fashionweeksd.com/fwsd-2015-designer-spotlight-dynamite-doll/)
- GFASH. After years of providing custom design work for high-end cliental and attendees of events such as the Grammy Awards, weddings and jazz festivals, Gwendolyn Bates has finally decided to build a brand composed of feminine, elegant yet lustrously radiant designs. GFASH currently offers a few diverse lines of accessories for day and night looks and customizable products for those who love to be unique and stand out. Each product at GFASH contributes to the mission of “Fabulous-ity” and devotes itself to organizations with self-esteem building programs and stands behind the cause of female empowerment.(Oceanside, Calif., www.gfashnow.com)
- Graciela Llorente. Hailing from Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico City, Graciela relocated to Chicago after completing her fashion design studies. Graciela has been making first communion dresses for the past 10 years and enjoys making clothes for girls as well as women. She started a business with a partner called Re-girl, a line of recycled garments turned into leg warmers, skirts, dresses & more. Now Graciela is ready to take her next step by showcasing her full women’s wear collection at FWSD15. (Chicago, Ill., http://fashionweeksd.com/fwsd-2015-designer-spotlight-graciela-llorente/)
- Lady Lane. A line of vintage inspired women’s wear for real women. What makes Lady Lane’s designs stand out are the unique fabrics that she sources. She combines these fabrics with vintage inspired patterns that transcend into modern day unique pieces. Lady Lane showcased her spring 2015 line on the runway of Fashion Week San Diego14, and was voted third place designer by the FWSD Audience. She will be back on the 2015 runway with her S/S 2016 women’s and children’s wear.(San Diego, Calif., http://fashionweeksd.com/fwsd-2014-designer-spotlight-lady-lane/)
- NaPóstol Couture. NaPóstol Couture is a haute line specializing in wedding and evening gowns that celebrates the feminine body with sensual elegance and romance. Nessa Apostol is a self-taught designer and gown couturier. She started making her own clothes, learned how to operate a sewing machine and drape at age 12. As an adult, Nessa became a professional ballroom dancer and performed in her high fashion costumes that immediately caught attention on the competition floor and admirers began ordering. In November 2014 NaPostol Couture was launched. Within three months of being established, NaPostol Couture has been worn at the Miss Universe Pageant, reality TV star Draya Michele, Playboy model Jessica Burciaga, made its appearance at the Grammy’s and currently dresses world title dancers: Stephanie Betts, Kasia Kozak and Karina Smirnoff. (San Diego, Calif., http://fashionweeksd.com/fwsd-2015-designer-spotlight-na-postol/)
- Nikki Marie. This talented designed has an exquisite eye for women’s apparel full of playful spirit. Each season takes you to a world of feminine silhouettes enhanced by bold prints, colors, and textures that simply make you feel fabulous. She launched her e-commerce store in 2013 and now has expanded her business to offering custom alterations and garments. She will be making her full debut on the Fashion Week San Diego 2015 runway.(Rohnert Park, Calif., www.NikkiMarieApparel.com)
- Nolan Dean. Nolan Dean is a self-taught designer with background in fine arts, photography, construction, culinary and science. He is passionate about creating beauty out of everyday experience. Using pure emotion as catalysts in the creation of his pieces, he wants the wearer to experience the joy of dressing and the exhilarating feeling of simply “being.” Nolan Dean will debut his first collection at San Diego Fashion Week 2015.(San Diego, Calif., http://fashionweeksd.com/fwsd-2015-designer-spotlight-nolan-dean/)
- Quynn Tessential Couture. Designer Quynn, embraces vintage elegance with old-fashion European romance in a graceful, feminine, and eternally invigorating couture line. She sees the body as a canvas wanting to be touch with all types of colors and textures. Each piece from her collection is custom-made carefully by hand in-studio to insure a flawless creation every time. Quynn is a dedicated animal lover and donates 10 percent of proceeds to animal shelters and rescue groups. (Corona, Calif., www.quynn.net)
- Responsive Textiles. RESPONSIVE TEXTILES is San Diego-based knitwear line. Founded in 2013, the brand was inspired by the belief that clothes are our second skin, and they should be as unique and human as we are. All pieces are handmade by designer Kristine Rodriguez and sold in limited editions. RSPNSV TXTLS recently launched it’s first collection at Fashion Week San Diego this past October and was awarded the second place Top Designer, as voted on by the FWSD audience. (San Diego, Calif.,www.responsivetextiles.com)
- Sasha Bravo. Sasha Bravo specializes in one of a kind jewelry pieces. Her love for world travel, culture, and nature in its most simple form is the foundation for her design. She describes her work as an embellishing form of wearable art, a dance between precious stones and metal, and a truly colorful representation of self expression. (Oceanside, Calif.,www.sashabravo.com)
- Saturne Collection. Holding one of the most inspiring success stories, Marcelin Saturne moved to San Diego without a job or home after his honorable discharge from the United States Army. With unwavering optimism, his flourishing Saturne Collection is on its way to becoming one the premier brands in Urban Executive fashion. Saturne Collection features limited edition pieces to keep with its core principles of uniqueness and exclusivity and will make its debut on the Fashion Week San Diego 2015 runway. (San Diego, Calif.,www.saturnecollection.com)
- Scott Rich. Treating the environment with as much care as his garments, Scott Rich uses eco-friendly, dye-sublimation printing to bring his art and photography to life through his impactful style. Don’t let the details fool you, his one of a kind fashions are easy wear/easy care. All dye-sublimation fabrics are wrinkle-free & washable. Dye sublimated fabric is printed in USA & all garments are made in USA. Scott Rich is debuting his first collection for Spring 2016 on the FWSD15 runway.(San Diego, Calif., www.scottrich.net)
- TaSanni. TaSanni is a collaboration between two childhood friends from Africa with backgrounds in the medical and financial industries that share a passion for fashion. TaSanni designs are a modern fusion of the vibrant African print with western style. Specifically crafted with the modern woman in mind, each piece is versatile, functional and unique. TaSanni’s overall mission is to put Africa on the map as a fashion hub. The entire TaSanni line is designed in the USA and manufactured in limited quantities in Southern Africa. They will debut their first collection at Fashion Week San Diego 2015. (Frisco, Texas, www.tasanni.com)
- Territa Torres. Territa Torres Designs prides herself on producing innovative silhouettes that are functional, edgy and chic for the confident woman. The ENVY collection embodies luxury tailoring with a sexy, slim and modern silhouette. Each silhouette varies from fitted dresses and separate pieces such as pants, shorts, and tops. She incorporates prints, solids and lightweight fabrics that cling to every curve. The ENVY collection showcases a selected color palette comprised of shades of greens and natural hues to assist with creating a one of a kind distinctive look. (San Diego, Calif., http://fashionweeksd.com/fwsd-2015-designer-spotlight-territa-torres/)
For more information about Fashion Week San Diego, visit: www.fashionweeksd.com.